Foods For Healthy Body And Mind
It is very important to keep yourself healthy so that you can go about your everyday activities without feeling exhausted or strained and can combat diseases in future. Eating fruits is a great way of staying healthy.
Benefits Of Fruits And Vegetables List
Fruits have antioxidants that can go a long way in preventing pre-mature ageing and keep you rejuvenated. The best part is you can have fruits in breakfast, lunch, as snack or even drink fruit juices when you are thirsty. Here are a list of 8 fruits that you should try having as much as possible as they are a great source of essential vitamins and minerals.
1. Apples – You should try and eat whole apple with the skin which provides pectin. It also provides fiber and considerable amount of flavonoid antioxidants. Apple fibers help in reducing cholesterol and powerful flavonoids reduce the risk of heart diseases and strokes along with cancer.
2. Bananas – This fruit is a great source of potassium and helps to reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke. It also facilitates in muscle function. Bananas are sweet to eat and act as a good sugar substitute and a natural source of energy. This fruit is rich in fibers that help to regulate bowel movements.
3. Cherries – Cherries are very high in iron and flavonoids which can fight diseases. These have minerals such as potassium, magnesium, folate and carotenoid which protect the heart. This fruit can significantly reduce arthritic pain, inflammation, bad cholesterol and cancer.
4. Apricots – These are a great source of vitamin A, C and E, potassium, iron and carotenoids. Apricots have lycopene which helps in protecting your eyes and preventing heart diseases, Skin cancer and LDL cholesterol oxidation. It is also rich in fibers.
5. Berries – This family of fruits and enriched with antioxidants and laden with Vitamin C. according to numerous studies, berries provide you protection against heart diseases, stroke, cancer and many other diseases. The fruits that come under this family are blueberries which have the highest antioxidant content, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries.
6. Kiwifruit – The same amount of a kiwifruit has more than twice the amount of Vitamin C as compared to an orange. It is also a potent source of magnesium, potassium and Vitamin A and E. Kiwis can boost your immune system and reduce respiratory diseases. It is rich in fibers too.
7. Papayas – This fruit is laden with folate, Vitamin C, carotenoids and natural digestive enzymes that helps in the digestion of proteins.
8. Citrus fruits – These are best known for their flavor, juiciness and high content of Vitamin C. Citrus fruits includes grapes, oranges and lemons which are a major source of folate, fiber, antioxidants minerals and other vitamins.